Recovered Paper Purchasing Benchmarking and Optimization Service
Are you prepared for the next upturn in recovered paper prices? How does your recovered paper purchasing compare to the best practices in the industry? Are there ways to improve on the strategy and tactics used by your company?
These and other questions about recovered paper purchasing techniques and practices can be answered by a Moore & Associates’ $martBuySM program. The objectives of a $martBuySM program are to analyze a company’s current procurement practices and compare it to industry norms. The approach will examine and critique a company’s existing and future strategic direction for recovered paper procurement and present competitive procurement practices. From the project, the client will receive input on strategic procurement options, and a recommended optimum purchasing strategy for the company.
Typical elements of a $martBuySM program can include any of the following:
- Perform an analysis of FOB and delivered costs of the grades of interest vs. the competition
- Analyze distribution of recovered paper purchasing by type of supply agreement (various contracts vs. spot buying)
- Analyze of recovered paper purchasing by type of supplier distribution
- Analyze a company’s transportation costs and geographic buying zone
- Provide an assessment of a mill’s recovered paper transportation costs vs. industry norms
- Critique the company’s recovered paper quality program and recommend changes
- Analyze recovered paper inventory practices and payment terms
- Provide innovative sourcing plans; investigate new and emerging types of supply
- Analyze the company’s recovered paper purchasing organization and compare it to industry practices
- Design/critique buyer compensation plans
- Marketplace feedback on your mill’s purchasing
Moore & Associates will prepare a detailed analysis of the company’s current procurement practices and present a variety of strategic options. Analyzing these options, Moore & Associates will recommend optimum short and long term purchasing tactics and strategy for your company.