Custom Business Strategy
In response to growing economic uncertainty and market volatility, Moore & Associates is assessing the impact of the new coronavirus pandemic and developing forecasts for all key sectors in the paper recycling industry. With this new knowledge, we are offering each of our individual clients the opportunity for a custom presentation and business strategy session. Our goal is to assist clients with tactical and strategic planning for balance of 2020 and beyond by providing a comprehensive overview of current impacts and projections. The session will be customized to focus on your line of business (recovered paper grades, what part of the business you are in, etc.) and the specific questions you would like to address.
The session will be 1.5 hours in length with the first hour covering our core analysis as it relates to your business, and the remaining time focused on answering the specific business questions of interest. I will lead the presentation, with Associates, Dan Gee (Asia markets, west coast, and freight) and Susan Cornish (e-commerce and collection) contributing.Cost for the session plus the later update is $2,300, including up to 15 individuals in the meeting. An abridged Table of Contents below provides more detail on the core topics to be covered.
- C-19 Timeline: China, Europe, & US
- Commercial Generation & Collection
- Paperstock plant status – closures, limitations, volumes
- SOP supply, document destruction
- OCC impacts – grocery, restaurants, retail, hotels
- Residential Generation & Collection
- Recent recycling program shutdowns and curtailments
- Impact of virus on MRFs and Drop-off locations
- Fast growth in some areas of E-commerce
- Supply/Generation Outside the US
- China’s collection system – time line, way down early, recovering?
- Other regions – Europe, India
- Impacts/Challenges for Box & Containerboard; Tissue; Recycled Boxboard
- Specific regional impacts – Greater NYC; West Coast
- Impact on planned new capacity projects in the U.S.
- China, India, and Asia
- Loss of Demand in ROW Impacts China/ Impact on Box & Containerboard production
- China’s RCP import 2021 ban — deferral?
- India’s virtual shutdown; Southeast Asia; Japan & Korea
- Impact on Box & Containerboard production
- Impact of mill closures
- Grade Pricing Outlook
- OCC; Mixed Paper; High grades
SHIPPING & FREIGHT ISSUES
- Ocean freight issues; Domestic trucking
- Rate increases, container availability, skipping ports of call, & schedule changes
- Impact on US export volumes
- Outlook for Global, China, & US economy from Q1 to Q4 2020 Forecast
- Supply trends scenarios in Q3 and Q4 2020 Forecast
- Demand trends scenarios in Q3 and Q4 2020/2021 and beyond
- What may change permanently?